SWAN (State Wide Area Network)
State Wide Area Network (SWAN) has been identified as one of the Mission Mode Projects under National e-Governance Plan by Department of Information Technology, Govt. of India (DIT, GoI) to increase transparency, efficient and effectiveness for delivery of citizen services.
SWAN has been identifies as an important component for building the core infrastructure for supporting e-Governance initiatives. DIT, GoI has also embarked a significant outlay for supporting this activity. Under NeGP SWAN policy, it is proposed to connect the State Head Quarter (SHQ) with all District Head Quarters (DHQ) and all Block Head Quarters (BHQ). At a later stage the SWAN connectivity shall be extended to Gram Panchayat level.
Odisha State Government plans to setup OSWAN as a delivery platform for the e-Governance applications.
Current Status of Odisha SWAN
- Odisha Computer Application Centre (OCAC), the Technical Directorate of IT Dept., Govt. of Odisha has been designated as the State Implementing Agency for the OSWAN.
- Telecommunication Consultants India Ltd. (TCIL) has been appointed as the Consultant for the OSWAN Project as per the guidelines of DIT, GoI.
- M/s ITI-SPANCO has been selected as the OSWAN BOOT Operator.
- M/s BSNL has been selected as the Bandwidth Services Provider to OSWAN Project.
- M/s KPMG has been selected as the Third Party Auditor (TPA) for the OSWAN Project.
- MoU has been signed between OCAC & ITI-SPANCO on 1st October,2008.
- OSWAN Project has been operational since 25.08.2010.
- The Hon’ble Chief Minister, Odisha has inaugurated the OSWAN Project on 21.12.2010.
- For further details please visit www.oswan.gov.in